You want to take your business in Open Source? We can help you in that. We are already involved in Open Source communities such as MeeGo Network Finland. We have strong foothold in hacker culture. We are involved (helped setting it up and get bigger) in hackerspace in Tampere,Finland.
Companies can have ready products, but want to enter Open Source style development for different purposes. We can assist you in that, make sure you ‘open source’ the right parts. Common mistake is that you need to open source everything. That is not the case. Our services:
- Evaluation of your products - what parts can and should be open sourced
- Educational services - such as introductions to Open Source development
- Open source project management - until your staff takes over or permanently
Getting into Open source culture is should be well thought over. It will affect your business logic and processes. Ossoil provides services that will make your open source entry fluent, smooth and productive:
- Strategy planning - entering Open Source development
- Consulting - should we open source our products?
- Educational services - make sure your staff understands open source development
Adapting to practices
Ecosystems (or if you prefer term community) has gained rather negative tone among developers. That can be changed by offering developer views to ecosystems. We do research on different ecosystems (for example Android, MeeGo, iOS). We understand ecosystems not only as business system, but also as development system. Our services include:
- Educational services about (Open Source) Ecosystems
- Consulting - merging existing practices with open source community
- Research - topics based on your needs